The cancellation of our Spring 2020 ARAS conference due to the pandemic left us all missing the sharing of information exchange of best practices that typically occurs at that annual event. Of particular concern to the ARAS Executive Committee are the new administrators that did not have the opportunity to attend the New Administrator’s Workshop. This workshop is the flagstone of our conference, and equips our new administrators with the tools necessary to build a foundation in their program and navigate their way through a year in the life of a General Surgery Residency. As we begin to enter recruiting season, we know how necessary it is for new administrators to have those tools and resources available to them. For that reason, the ARAS EC has developed a webinar series entitled “Navigating the General Surgery Residency Waters: Tips and Tricks from Seasoned Sailors.” In this two-part series, aimed at GS Residency Administrators who have been in their position for less than three years, the ARAS EC will cover the basics. This includes Recruiting, ABSITE, CCC, graduation and more. So please join us for our two-part Webinar, and let the seasoned sailors of the EC help you to navigate the waters of residency, so soon you’ll be smooth sailing!
One $50 fee covers registration for both sessions! Please register for one or both sessions here.
Session 1 (Wednesday, 11/4 at 1 PM EST)
- 15-minute sessions with 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Recruiting and SOAP – Knowing the Ropes (Lisa Olson, Brianne Nickel)
- Reeling in CCC and Evaluation Insights (Kate Kmiec, Julie Ladwig)
- Master at Arms – Be an Expert on the ABS and ABSITE (Donna Heyduk, Hemali Shah)
Session 2 (Wednesday, 11/18 at 1 PM EST)
- 25-minute sessions with 10 minutes for Q&A.
- Navigating the Tides and Seas of ACGME and PEC (Brianne Nickel)
- All Aboard and Please Debark – Navigating the Orientation and Graduation High Seas (Sarah Kidd-Romero, Dorothy Dickinson)