Trauma Research Fellow
Research Fellowship Trauma Burn and Critical Care
Date Posted: March 20, 2020
The Student Intern/Research Fellow will participate in a research fellowship in a one (1) or two (2) years research immersion aimed at creating highly accomplished researchers. This is an unpaid role, requiring a minimum of forty-hours completing research activities on weekly basis. The role will be in the Department of Trauma at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County Health. The Student Intern/Research Fellow will be expected to submit several publications and presentations during their fellowship. Overseas graduates and clinicians are welcome to apply.
- Attends daily research conference and other required meetings.
- Performs Pub med research and presents results to the research team.
- Drafts abstracts after consultation with statistician
- Assists with organizing and completing research projects as well as creates unique individual projects, learns to whet the viability of the project; completes and submits projects to national and international meetings.
- Creates, submits, and presents publications and presentations. Presents on local and/or national podiums.
- Composes and submits Institutional Review Board requirements, grants, and other manuscripts as assigned.
- Assists with organizing and delivering national courses as well as assist with trauma outreach to stakeholders.
- Assists with quality improvement documentation and analysis within the Department of Trauma.
- Assists with teaching national courses in conjunction with faculty.
- Assists with educational and research needs within the department as per direction of the Chair.
- Performs other duties as assigned including research projects with collaborating institutions.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) degree or foreign medical school equivalent required (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview).
Passed United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) step 1 and 2 (both Clinical Skills and Clinical Knowledge) required (Must provide proof at time of interview).
How To Apply
To learn more or to apply for this position, please visit: https://www.cookcountytrauma.org/research-fellowship-application/
To apply please send your CV and Letter of Intent to our Human Resources Representative Tiffany Bomar at Tiffany.email@example.com
Department of Trauma at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County Health
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings