Residency/Fellowship Coordinator II
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Provides administrative oversight for all residency and fellowship related items, but not limited to, the following: handling inquiries, sorting correspondence, setting up folders, maintaining residency program files in accordance with records retention schedules, assisting in requests for verification of residency training, and maintaining calendar of applicant appointments and meetings.
2. Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures and also ensures compliance with all residency/fellowship program requirements. This includes, but is not limited to submitting duty hour reports to the GME Office, collecting and tracking evaluations of the residents, faculty and program, and ensuring compliance regarding any house staff moonlighting or other professional activities outside the scope of the program.
3. Manages schedules and resident attendance for all required educational activities, including conferences and other didactic experiences. Maintains the residency curriculum, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and each level of training. Creates and edits departmental residency training manual.
4. Oversees all aspects of the resident/fellow interview process including scheduling interview dates, corresponding with potential applicants, confirming meetings and appointments and ensuring applicant credentials are in compliance with current guidelines and prepares candidate ranking list.
5. Implements all required modules of the residency management software, to include the management and reporting of data as well as user training for program faculty and residents/fellows.
6. Manages events (such as resident lunches, retreats, orientations, and graduation activities).
7. Develops and maintains program letters of agreement for all required rotations at outside institutions.
8. May be assigned routine budget or financial responsibilities by supervisor.
9. Coordinates completion of ACGME Accreditation Data System (ADS); assists with preparation for site visit; key participant in site visit; organizes internal review with Institution's GME office.
10. Completes required national and Hospital surveys, collates and reports program or trainee data, as needed.
11. Serves as backup coverage for the Education Team, including but not limited to, Resident and Faculty educational lectures.
14. Manages annual Mock Oral Examinations and In-Service Exams.
15. Ensures Board eligibility of trainees through reporting of training activities to accrediting bodies including procedure participation, research progress, and clinical exposure, requiring a clear understanding of the resident requirements.
16. Works directly with the Program Director to migrate residency program requirements to meet the new ACGME NAS program and evaluation requirements.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
UTHealth Houston Careers http://p.rfer.us/UTHjXGDMv
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings