Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program
Founding Program Director to develop a General Surgery Residency Program
Parkview Health, a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio is seeking a
(3 residents per year).
Parkview Health now operates more than 80 community hospitals, clinics, and health facilities in over 312 locations throughout the region serving a population of more than 895,000 or more than 10% of the population in the state of Indiana. As the region’s largest employer with more than 12,000 employees, Parkview Health includes an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians and ten hospitals, with the Parkview Regional Medical Center campus a regional destination for specialized care.
This is a rare opportunity to build a program that will fill a vital need and have significant impact on the quality of care delivery and health outcomes of this population. As a financially-sound (Moody’s Bond Rating of Aa3
), community-focused, expanding health system with strong leadership and Board support, Parkview Health has invested significant resources towards the development of more than ten residencies during the next five to seven years.
The successful candidate will be a confident, visionary leader with the maturity, integrity, knowledge, and cultural sensitivity to inspire, develop, and recruit strong faculty and residents and advance collaborative relationships with community partners.
The Program Director must:
Why Choose Parkview Health?
- Possess the required specialty expertise, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities, to carry out the responsibilities of the role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the General Surgery Residency Program at Parkview Health.
- Be certified by the American Board of Surgery or hold credentials deemed equivalent to Certification by the ACGME’s General Surgery Residency Review Committee.
- Demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- Have minimum of five (5) years’ experience as teaching faculty in an ACGME accredited General Surgery Residency Program.
- At least three (3) years of administrative experience in Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- Must be appointed in good standing with the Parkview Physicians Group.
- Have unrestricted credentials within Parkview Health and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Indiana.
- Parkview Health named Most Wired® for sixth consecutive year.
- Parkview Health has been named Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare.
- Parkview Health has again been named one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems by IBM Watson Health™.
- Parkview Health named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine.
- Multiple Parkview hospitals included in 100 Top Hospitals® list, also earn Everest Award.
- Three Parkview hospitals recognized among the 2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana.
- Magnet status.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Parkview has the region’s only CyberKnife® System.
- As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty.
- Fort Wayne, the region’s hub consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Salary and academic rank for this position will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and academic background. Parkview Health offers an excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement benefits, etc. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
How To ApplyApplication Instructions:
For more information about this opportunity or to refer a qualified candidate please contact:
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259 – Direct
Kaye/Bassman has partnered with Parkview Health to provide executive search services for the Department of GME. Parkview Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings