Preliminary PGY-2 Surgery Resident
The UAB General Surgery Residency (located in Birmingham, Alabama) has an opportunity for a preliminary PGY-2 position in General Surgery starting June 24, 2021 (can be flexible for July 1, 2021). To be eligible for this PGY-2 position, the applicant must be currently enrolled in an ACGME-accredited General Surgery program and will have successfully completed a PGY-1 year of General Surgery training by June 23/June 30, 2021.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants must have completed a PGY-1 year (preliminary or categorical) in good standing at an ACGME-accredited general surgery residency program.
Interested applicants must submit the following items via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes.
We must receive all application materials below to be considered, preferably as an single file PDF.
· Current Curriculum Vitae (CV), must include where PGY-1 year was completed and dates of completion
· Personal Statement
· USMLE Transcript (Step I, Step II CS & CK)
· Three current letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the current Program Director
· Medical School transcript, and MSPE (Dean’s letter)
· Summative (end of rotation and 6-month) evaluation reports from current training program
· Rotation schedule from PGY 1 year
· ACGME Case Log
· ACLS, BLS, ATLS Certifications
· ABSITE Score
· ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted when all application materials are received.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings