PGY4 Categorical Surgery Resident
The HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME: Brandon Regional Hospital General Surgery Program is recruiting an upcoming PGY4 general surgery resident set to start July 1, 2020.
PGY 4 Job Description:
• Established and increasing knowledge base while incorporating clinical, social-behavioral, biomedical, and epidemiological sciences as well as applying this knowledge to patient care.
• Provide patient care that is compassionate and efficient while considering promotion of health and treatment.
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise life-long learning with the desire to research and assimilate evidence to foster continued patient care initiatives.
• Exercise effective interpersonal and communication skills that impart clear delivery of care and information in collaboration with patients, their families, health professionals, and other physicians.
• Establish commitment to the practice of medicine with the highest professional and ethical standards.
• Attention to and application of the larger context and system of health care, as well as the ability to engage in other resources to provide the highest standard of care.
• Participate in the education of patients, families, students, residents, and other health professionals.
How To Apply
Applicants must have completed or be scheduled to complete a PGY3 in general surgery year in good standing by July 30, 2020
Your application should be a single PDF containing:
1. CV (explain breaks in training)
2. Summative competency-based evaluation
3. Personal Statement
4. 3 current Letters of Recommendation (1 from current Program Director)
5. Medical School Diploma
6. Medical School Transcript
7. MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
8. ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
9. USMLE/COMLEX Transcript (Passed on first attempt)
10. ABSITE Scores from PGY1, 2 and 3
11. Current Life Support certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS)
12. FLS and FES Certification (or pending certification due to COVID-19 reasons)
13. ACGME Defined Category Case Report
14. Medial License
15. Proof of Citizenship/Visa/Immigration status
Please send your application to the program coordinator, Evan Marmerstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings