PGY-3 General Surgery Categorical Resident
NYU-Winthrop Hospital is a newly ACGME accredited General Surgery program. We are seeking to fill PGY-3 General Surgery positions with a starting date of July 1, 2019. All qualified applicants must have successfully completed three (2) years of clinical surgery in no more than two (2) ACGME-accredited general surgery programs and must have completed their PGY-2 year by June 2019.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit, via e-mail, their contact information along with the following in pdf format:
1) Current CV including a photograph.
2) Three (3) letters of recommendation:
a. One letter from the current or most recent program director.
b. For residents involved in a residency program, the program director must give the resident permission to interview for the position.
3) Milestones evaluations.
4) ABSITE scores for each year involved in a surgical residency program.
5) ACGME Defined Category Report.
6) List of completed rotations for each year of training.
7) USMLE or COMLEX Scores:
a. Step 1 – 3 scores.
b. Must have passed each on the 1st attempt.
c. Step 1 minimum = 210 for USMLE, 600 for COMLEX.
d. Step 2 minimum = 220.
8) Medical School Diploma.
9) Medical School transcript:
a. Must have graduated from medical school no earlier than 2015.
b. Must not have repeated any year of medical school.
10) MSPE (Medical School Performance Evaluation).
11) For foreign applicants:
a. A copy of the ECFMG certification.
b. Evidence of a current and valid English qualifying examination.
c. A J-1 visa. (NYU-Winthrop does not sponsor H-1B visa candidates).
12) Letter describing the reason you wish to join our program.
Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls from applicants will be accepted. Material received by fax will not be reviewed. Uninvited visitors will not be seen.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings