The Department of Surgery at Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health, Abington, PA has an opening for a PGY-2 preliminary position to begin June 24, 2021. Abington Hospital is a 675-bed teaching hospital and is located 5 miles north of Center City Philadelphia. The General Surgery Residency Program sponsors 31 residents and graduates 5 Chief Residents per year.
Qualified applicants will have successfully completed a PGY-1 year in a general surgery residency in good standing in an ACGME-accredited program by June 23, 2021. Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate. We sponsor J-1 Visas only (no exceptions).
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials with their contact information via email in 1PDF file only to firstname.lastname@example.org :
· Current curriculum vitae
· Brief personal statement
· 3 current letters of recommendation (including one from your current Program Director)
· January 2021 Milestones evaluation
· Medical school diploma and transcript
· Dean’s letter
· USMLE Steps I, II, III scores (All must be passed on first attempt)
· Current ACGME Defined Category Report
· Current ACGME PGY2 Minimums Report
· All ABSITE scores and reports
· List of all rotations completed/to be completed for PGY-1 year
· Visa status and copy of ECFMG certificate if applicable
Please note that we will only consider applications that are complete and contain all of the above information sent as 1PDF file. The application deadline is April 30, 2021.
Qualified applicants will be contacted via email for an interview.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings