PGY-2 Categorical General Surgery Resident
The CMU College of Medicine's General Surgery residency program, Saginaw, Michigan, has an opening for a PGY-2 categorical position to begin July 1st, 2021. We seek enthusiastic residents who are committed to complete training in our program and would consider practicing in Northern Michigan after graduation.
Qualified applicants will have successfully completed at least one year of training in a US ACGME-accredited general surgery residency in good standing and graduate from medical school no earlier than 2017. Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate and have passed STEP 3. We sponsor J-1 Visas only (no exceptions).
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials with their contact information via email file only to CMEDSurgery@cmich.edu:
· Current curriculum vitae
· Brief personal statement
· 3 current letters of recommendation (including one from your current Program Director)
· January 2021 Milestones evaluation (preferred but not required)
· Medical school diploma and transcript
· Dean’s letter · USMLE Steps I, II, III scores (All must be passed on first attempt)
· Current ACGME Defined Category Report
· Current ACGME PGY2 Minimums Report
· All ABSITE scores and reports
· List of all rotations completed/to be completed for PGY-1 year
· Visa status and copy of ECFMG certificate if applicable
Please note that we will only consider applications that are complete and contain all of the above information sent as one PDF file. Submission to other than the above listed email will not be read. The application deadline is April 30, 2021. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email for a virtual interview.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings