Penn State Health Surgical Oncologist Opportunity
The Division of Surgical Oncology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine is pleased to announce a search for a faculty candidate to join an established team in gastrointestinal surgical oncology.
What we’re offering:
• Opportunity for an academic career and practice focusing on malignant diseases of the hepato-pancreato-biliary system, upper gastrointestinal tract and general surgical oncology as well as skin and soft tissue oncology.
• The selected candidate will have the opportunity to expand the existing practice to additional sites and centers within the rapidly growing Penn State Health network, including the possibility of setting up outreach clinics and telehealth programs.
• The Penn State Cancer Institute offers multidisciplinary care programs encompassing all practice areas, and provides the backdrop for patient care, clinical and translational research and clinical trials.
• Organized collaborations exist to support basic science, translational oncology, survivorship, and patterns of care/quality assessment research.
• Appointment at the Assistant/Associate Professor level, dependent on qualifications.
What we’re seeking:
• M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
• BC/BE Surgery and Complex General Surgical Oncology.
• Surgical oncology, hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery, advanced gastrointestinal surgery or the equivalent experience is strongly desired.
• A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary.
Penn State Health
• Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 14,500 people system wide.
• The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,000 physicians and direct care providers at 127 medical office sites. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
• In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
• Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University’s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
• Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area offering excellent schools and a safe, friendly environment.
• US News recently rated Harrisburg best place to live in Pennsylvania and 44th among the nation’s best places to live.
• The area offers excellent schools with Derry Township, Lower Dauphin and Palmyra school districts in the top 100 in the state.
• Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
How To Apply
For more information, please contact Ashley Nippert, Physician Recruiter at email@example.com. To apply online, please submit your application via https://tinyurl.com/y2rvoqgq.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings