Manager, Surgical Education
Directs the financial and operational activities of the General Surgery Residency and Surgical Fellowships. Is responsible for the management of the clerkship students, surgical resident in-rotators, and related contracts. Responsible for the development of educational technologies, research, and related projects to assure an efficient workflow in conjunction with the institutional GME office, the ACGME, community partners, and other related departments.
Surgical Residency Program Management:
• Responsible for all related activities including supervising the office staff.
• Responsible for staffing approvals including hiring of new staff, time and labor approval for staff, etc.
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations, approve payroll for support staff and monitoring the workflow of the office.
• Maintains office staff job results through coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
• Develops and communicates job appraisals for support staff.
• Design and implement office policies by establishing and documenting standards of procedures, measuring results and making necessary adjustments.
• Monitors spending and develops trends to assure the Program remains within budgetary constraints.
• Oversees and monitors contractual relationships and Program agreements.
Project Management & Data Analysis:
• Oversee the operations of resident recruitment, graduation, onboarding and orientation.
• Assembles educational research and project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Accreditation information liaison for education coordinators within the Department of Surgery.
• Analysis of resident and fellow duty hour violation data.
• Analysis of ACGME data.
• Project support for education-related committees and Tasks Forces within the Department of Surgery.
• Creates and manages process improvement and quality assurance initiatives related to program oversight.
• Collaborates with divisions/sections regarding their educational activities. Collects educational information/statistics for education programs.
• Works toward consolidation of departmental educational activities and the reduction of duplication of efforts.
• Provides support with scholarly activity.
Website and IT Management
Provides training and support for educational technologies including but not limited to:
• Residency (New Innovations) and Student Management software; Support all faculty/staff/residents/clinical fellows/students.
• Participates in surgical simulation.
• Ensures unification of all system data warehousing (past, present, and future).
• Responsible for extensive reporting for all aspects of surgical education, including trainee location tracking and compliance.
• Oversees the systematic tools used to compile data on resident performance and rotations.
• Oversees and is ultimately responsible for annual import/export of demographic information for new and archived users.
• Assist with maintenance of Surgical Education websites as well as monitoring social media presence of the relevant training programs.
• Supervise any further website, IT or social media expansion.
Collaborates with faculty and Program Director(s) to enhance the residents’ completion of the ACGME program accreditation and successful performance on the American Board of Medical Specialties Exam. Devise and implement new policies and procedures, interpret and apply rules and regulations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent educ/experience
5 years in medical education
Preferred qualification for this position include:
Master's degree in business health care administration or equivalent
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply on the Swedish Recruitment Website: https://swedish.jobs/seattle-wa/manager-surgical-medical-education/A187150CBF074BCDA67F879DCDF58DB0/job/
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings