General Surgery PGY4
The General Surgery Residency Program at the University of California, San Francisco has an ACGME accredited CATEGORICAL training position available at the PGY4 level beginning June 21st, 2022. Please see the specific requirements and instructions for applying below.
PREREQUISITES (no exceptions):
• Successful completion in good standing of THREE years of US clinical training in an ACGME accredited general surgery residency training program (or currently enrolled in a PGY3 year for the 2021-22 academic year).
• Training must consist of at least 24-continous months of clinical training within the same program. This is a requirement of the California State Medical Board for medical licensure
• International Medical Graduates:
o Must have a valid ECFMG certificate (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
o International medical school must be recognized by the Medical Board of California. Please use the following link to verify this information: https://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Schools_Recognized/
How To Apply
A complete application must include the following documents
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Brief Personal Statement
3. Medical School Diploma and Transcript
4. Dean's Letter
5. USMLE Parts I, II, III scores (must be first pass)
6. ABSITE scores and reports for ALL years completed
7. Three (3) current Letters of Recommendation. Prior to any final decision to offer a position, a letter from the current Program Director will be required.
8. Competency-Based Evaluations for ALL completed rotations
9. Current ACGME case log, including the “Defined Category” Operative Report
10. ACLS and ATLS certifications
11. FLS and FES Certifications
Qualified applicants must submit the above materials in a SINGLE PDF or ZIP File with contact information via email to: 2022_OP.email@example.com
Please name the single PDF file as follows: LastName_FirstName_PGY4-2022
APPLICATIONS will be accepted through APRIL 15th. ONLY complete applications (containing all documents listed above) will be considered/reviewed.
Applicants considered competitive for the position will be invited for a virtual interview (possibly in-person as well) with faculty, the program director, associate program directors, chair and residents.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings