Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center at Crozer Chester Medical Center, Upland, PA
The Burn Fellowship at the Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center at Crozer Chester Medical Center. The fellowship is a non-accredited, one-year clinical training experience based in the burn unit at Crozer, Upland (suburban), PA. The Burn Unit is verified by the American Burn Association/American College of Surgeons and admits 400 adult patients each year. The fellowship includes all aspects of acute and reconstructive burn care as well as adult intensive care.
Nathan Speare Regional Burn Treatment Center has earned an international reputation for excellence in holistic burn care, treating more than 10,000 patients since 1973. We also treat non-burn injuries, such as “road rash,” medication reactions and other skin diseases that result in conditions similar to those experienced by burn patients.
Recognized as a national leader in burn care, the Crozer Burn Center has been verified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons, is a center of excellence for adult burn patients and was the first in the region to provide this standard of care.
After more than 40 years, the Center continues to be at the forefront of burn care through a whole-patient, team approach to burn care, cutting-edge care techniques, advanced technology, primary research and education of future critical care and surgical physicians.
Our burn treatment team – including physicians and surgeons, plastic surgeons, pediatric specialists, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, pharmacists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, patient care technicians, clinical educators, and secretaries – is dedicated to providing the highest quality burn care.
Since Crozer-Chester Medical Center became an accredited trauma center in 1987, the Burn Treatment Center has met the educational requirements set by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation. It is the first burn center accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). In June 2000, the Burn Treatment Center became the first in suburban Philadelphia to meet the criteria of the American Burn Association’s Burn Center Verification/Consultation Program, the highest standard of care for burn patients as approved by the American College of Surgeons.
By completion of the fellowship, the fellow will be experienced in resuscitation, operative treatment, critical care, rehabilitation and burn scar reconstruction. The Burn Fellow functions as a junior attending participating in all aspects of burn care. There is ample opportunity and support for scholarly activity.
Medical School Affiliation
Crozer Chester Medical is a Drexel University College of Medicine Regional Campus. All fellowship faculty have an appropriate faculty appointment with the medical school.
• The desired applicant would have completed a general surgery or plastic surgery residency. Individuals who have completed a minimum of three (3) clinical training years in an ACGME accredited plastic or general surgery training would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Board eligible or certified in plastic or general surgery
• Must be able to obtain a Pennsylvania full and unrestricted medical license
• Must be able to obtain appropriate medical staff appointment
• We can only sponsor a J1 Visa. Please be sure to explain any breaks in training/employment.
International Medical Graduates
• Considered with appropriate medical qualifications
• ECFMG certification
• Must submit a Curriculum Vitae
• Personal Statement
• Three (3) letters of recommendation
• ABSITE Scores
• USMLE or COMLEX scores
• Successfully pass all background and drugs screening for employment
• Annualized Stipend: Regional rate
• All benefits that other house staff receive as part of their training
How To Apply
L.R. Haith, Jr, MD
Director of Burn Treatment Center
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings