APDS site for surgical residents
The burn fellowship/instructorship program at Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVHN) is a one-year training program. Learn in a highly respected environment with a high level of services.
Services Provided at LVHN Burn Center
• Acute Burn care admissions (900 per year, adult and pediatric)
• Burn Intensive Care
• Burn surgery, surgery for extensive soft tissue injury of other etiology
• Burn wound care
• Burn rehabilitation until stable for discharge to Rehab facility
• Psychosocial support for patients and families, burn survivor support group
• Outpatient burn wound management
• Outpatient scar management
• Outpatient procedures (small skin grafts, laser, wound explorations and closures etc.)
• Out- and Inpatient Burn plastic-reconstruction procedures including soft tissues, expanders, flaps, template reconstruction etc. for adult and pediatrics
• Burn prevention and aftercare in conjunction with Burn prevention network
Goals of the Program
• At the completion of training, the surgeon will be competent to treat burn patients at burn centers in the United States.
• The primary objective of the program is to provide specialty education in all aspects of burn care, including acute and long -term care for the burn survivor. This specialty education is aiming to equip the surgeon trainee with state- of- the- art treatment knowledge in order to achieve optimal short- and long- term outcomes for the Burn survivor.
• The position is full time, one year duration, starting July 1st of each year for one trainee each year.
Program Activities for the potential Candidate
• Burn surgery operative case coverage 5 days a week as needed
• Burn service patient rounding
• Burn patient care coordination with Physician Associates and Burn surgeons
• Bedside procedure attendance/supervision including debridements/skin substitute application, dressing changes, bronchoscopies, central line placements and -changes etc.
• Outpatient burn care consultations for decision making and operative planning
• Burn service research activity support
• Burn fellow specific research project planning and execution including manuscript preparation and presentation
• Supervision support of summer research scholar interns
• Must have at least 3 years of surgical training , ideally be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Surgery
• A valid PA Medical License and DEA qualification, or ability to obtain these, is required
• Permitted to work within the US
Benefits & Perks:
• Attractive work schedule
• Highly Competitive Compensation with a superb benefits package
• Low cost health insurance for employees
• CME reimbursement and time outside of normal PTO to take classes, attend conferences etc.
• Retirement plans with employer contribution
We are located in the beautiful Lehigh Valley, a fast-growing region in eastern Pennsylvania comprised of three mid-sized cites surrounded by suburban neighborhoods with over 700,000 residents. The area has a moderate cost of living, outstanding public and private school systems, ten colleges and universities, and an abundance of cultural and recreational offerings including two symphonies, summer music festivals, an art museum, championship golf courses and minor league sport teams. Just a 60-minute drive north of Philadelphia and 90-minute drive west of New York City. https://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
How To Apply
For consideration as a candidate please email a CV to Dr. Sigri Blome-Eberwein c/o Michelle Laky
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings