Residency Program Coordinator, General Surgery
Date: Mar 15, 2018
Location: Lakewood, CO, US 80228
Company: Centura Health
St. Anthony Hospital is located in the western Denver suburb of Lakewood and is a Level I Trauma Center with four dedicated trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we encourage you to apply. In addition to a new campus, supportive team and faith-based mission, we’re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades (for Stroke, Critical Care and Prostate Surgery Excellence); the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. For more information about St. Anthony Hospital, visit http://www.stanthonyhosp.org/.
Schedule: Full Time
Support and assist the day-to-day operation of the residency program and clinic. Primary areas of responsibility include developing and inputting clinic schedules, coordinating resident rotations with community preceptors, managing confidential resident performance evaluations, assisting the planning and execution of daily educational conferences and performing other assigned administrative duties relating to the operation of the residency program and clinic.
Minimum Education Requirements
High school Diploma or GED Required
Bachelor’s degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- One to Three Years of related experience
- Knowledge of ACGME and AOA accreditation rules and regulations regarding surgical residency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Licenses & Certifications Required: None
- Assists with and prepares for accreditation and yearly program reviews.
- Maintains knowledge of current ACGME and AOA guideline standards governing general surgery
resident and residency programs.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with ACGME and AOA guideline standards governing general
surgery resident and residency programs.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining necessary documentation for indirect and
direct medical education reimbursement.
- Assists Director(s) with updating and maintaining rotation schedules that meet the ACGME and
AOA standard guidelines.
- Maintains documentation of files including licensure, rotation check lists, resident evaluations
and rotation schedules; duty hours, vacations, graduate files to assist with credentialing, and
other information that is necessary to the program.
- Maintains policies and procedures in Residency Manual.
- Reviews, updates and revises Residency Manual on an annual basis or as needed.
- Assists with orientation to Residency Manual.
- Coordinates faculty and resident call schedules and distributes to applicable hospital
- Maintains records of resident schedules including vacations, duty hours, etc.
- Documents ongoing resident elective schedules including monthly/annual schedules and
completion of training.
- Works with chief resident to coordinate annual meeting schedules. Will attend meetings,
document meeting minutes and provide a summary and notes.
- Functions as a liaison with rotation sites including regular communication regarding upcoming
- Attends all program meetings.
- Prepares for meeting materials including agenda, reports, duty hour violations, etc.
- Completes the minutes for distribution prior to next meeting.
- Contact person for program, residents and applications for program including auditioning
- Assist in the development and review of website; send updates to the webmaster including
biographies, pictures of graduates, new residents etc.
- Update website application data as necessary.
- Contact person for applicants.
- Responsible for using ERAS to download all applicants’ information, creates folders and
prepares information for interviewers.
- Coordinates all interviews.
- Send letters of acceptance or denial via ERAS email.
- Works with Recruitment team to ensure seamless onboarding process.
- Coordinates ranking activities and submits data to NRMP.
- Coordinates Talking Points introduction of selected residents to webmaster and hospital for
- Coordinates program orientation.
Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs force occasionally
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
How To Apply
Please apply through the Centura Health website: https://careers.centura.org/job/Lakewood-Residency-Program-Coordinator-CO-80228/464936500/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 125546
Recruiter Contact: Fogoros, Blair (BlairFogoros@Centura.Org)
Hospital: ST ANTHONY MEDICAL CAMPUS
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings