PGY2 GENERAL SURGERY PRELIMINARY POSITION
MARCH 2018--The Department of Surgery at The University of California, San Francisco has two (2) ACGME accredited one-year positions available in the preliminary general surgery training program at the PGY2 level, to begin June 21st, 2018. All applicants must have successfully completed one year of ACGME general surgery residency training and be in good standing.
Residents in these positions will have the same rotation assignments as the UCSF categorical PGY2 residents. However, since SF VAMC provides funding for one position, each resident will be assigned to the SF VAMC for approximately 6 months of the of the year (general surgery, vascular surgery, critical care). Residents in these positions will participate in all the level relevant educational activities in the UCSF general surgery training program, including grand rounds, educational conferences, and training in the surgical skills center.
NOTE: In view of the current time-line for obtaining a Visa, we are unable to sponsor a Visa for these positions.
• Successfully completed (1) year of US clinical experience in an ACGME accredited general surgery residency training program and be in good standing.
• Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid:
o ECFMG certificate (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
o PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter) – Medical Board of CA
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials with their contact information via email to EducationOffice@ucsf.edu by Friday, March 30th.
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Brief Personal Statement
3. Medical School Diploma and Transcript
4. Dean's Letter
5. USMLE Parts I, II, III scores
6. ABSITE scores and reports for ALL years completed
7. Three (3) current Letters of Recommendation. Prior to any final decision to offer a position, a
letter from the current Program Director will be required.
8. Competency-Based Evaluations for ALL completed rotations
9. Current ACGME case log, including the “Defined Category” Operative Report
10. ACLS certification
ONLY complete applications (all items noted above received) will be considered/reviewed.
Applicants considered competitive for the position will be invited for an interview with Faculty, Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Chair and Residents.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings