PGY 2 Preliminary General Surgery Position
Maimonides Medical Center, located in Brooklyn, New York, is seeking to fill a PGY-2 preliminary resident position in General Surgery beginning July 1, 2018. To be eligible for this PGY-2 position, the applicant must be currently enrolled in an ACGME accredited General Surgery program and will have successfully completed a PGY-1 year of General Surgery training by June 30, 2018.
How To Apply
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We also sponsor H1B or J1 visa if necessary- we require your Step III be taken to ensure your visa be issued in time for a July 1st start date.
Your application must include ALL of the following information:
1. Letter of recommendation from your current Program Director
2. Two additional letters of recommendation from faculty surgeons
3. Current Curriculum Vitae
4. ABSITE score reports from all years of training
5. USLME scores (Step I, II and III); pass on first attempt
6. Medical school transcript, Dean’s letter, diploma and, if applicable, ECFMG certificate
7. ACGME Case Logs (defined category report format); must be up to date and signed by PD
8. List of all previously completed rotations
9. Documentation of ACLS, BLS, ATLS, PALS
10. Copies of all mid-year and summative evaluations by Program Director; including recent
Surgery Milestones evaluation
11. Procedure Credentialing (Resident Summary Report of beside procedures) signed by PD
Applications are only being accepted electronically in PDF format in one document. NO FAXES OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings