Open PGY-3 General Surgery position
Charleston Area Medical Center/West Virginia University Charleston Division has an opening for a PGY-3 general surgery categorical position starting July 1, 2019. Applicants must be able to matriculate as a PGY-3 resident into the program at the beginning of the 2019-2020 academic year. The requirements for the position are as follows: •US citizen or permanent resident with work authorization • Official score report for UMSLE Steps I, II, and III with a first time passing score of at least 200 • Ability to visit our facility for a face-to-face interview • Must be able to start July 1, 2019 • must have successfully completed at least TWO YEARS OF ACGME ACCREDITED GENERAL SURGERY TRAINING by June 30th, 2019.
How To Apply
To apply please submit the following via email:
• APPLICATION EMAIL MUST HAVE APPLICANT’S NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
• Proof on completion of at least two years of ACGME accredited general surgery training
• Current CV or ERAS Application
• USMLE transcripts. We will not accept applications with failing scores or scores below 200 on the first attempt
• Medical School transcript & diploma (IMG's please provide notarized copy of translated version)
• ABSITE in-service scores for all years of prior training
• Updated and current ACGME Case Log System Defined Category Report
• Rotation schedules for all prior training years
• Current BLS, ACLS and ATLS certifications
• Transition letter from previous program showing successful completion in all of the core competencies
• 3 letters of recommendation. Three current letters of recommendation, including one from the current Program Director (including annual summative ACGME competency-based evaluation (or the AOA equivalent) in PD letter or in separate report *Please provide the LOR’s by email, directly from the author of these letters/reports. LOR emails MUST HAVE APPLICANT’S NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Applications will only be accepted through email. ALL EMAILS MUST HAVE APPLICANT’S NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE INCLUDING LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION EMAILS.
Please submit all application materials via email only to: Benjamin Dyer, MD Program Director, C/O Ashley Wiley, Residency Coordinator, West Virginia University Charleston Division/Charleston Area Medical Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews by invitation only. APPLICATION EMAIL MUST HAVE APPLICANT’S NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE. ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings