General Surgery Residency Program Director Position
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a program director to lead our fully accredited General Surgery Residency program.
• Program director is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and coordinating all activities of the general surgery residency program.
• Carle Foundation Hospital serves as the primary facility for clinical training.
• Young program with 4 years of graduates (2 residents per class) and very engaged core faculty group.
• First time pass rate average for QE is 88% and CE is 83%.
• This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) with additional reporting relationship to the Associate Chief Medical Officer, Surgical Services.
• Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight of the General Surgery Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to lead the residency program; approximately 50% clinical and 50% administrative.
• Teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
• Preferred candidate must be board certified in general surgery and/or surgical specialty.
• Minimum of 5 years faculty teaching experience with General Surgery residency or surgical specialty fellowship required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
• Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
In addition to a competitive salary based on training and experience, we offer a number of appealing benefits such as:
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Vacation and meeting time
• Retirement plan
• Sign on bonus and relocation allowance
Nearly equidistant to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis, Champaign-Urbana is home to the 150-year-old University of Illinois. As a “micro-urban” community, C-U combines the best of city amenities, from dining to the arts, with a more laid back, college-town atmosphere. Carle is the second-largest employer in Champaign County.
How To Apply
Visit our job postings here:
Or contact Melissa Emkes at:
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings