Burn Fellowship Position
The Evans-Haynes Burn Center in Richmond, Virginia, is seeking applicants for our Burn Surgery Fellowship Program, to begin July 2019.
The Evans-Haynes Burn Center is the oldest civilian burn facility in the United States. VCU Health has been granted Level 1 trauma center status since 1981 and is the only nationally verified burn center in Virginia.
The Burn Fellowship is a year-long commitment that involves all aspects of burn care. The Fellow is particularly involved in the following:
* Care of both adult and pediatric burn patients
* Acute burn resuscitation
* Burn wound management including the use of artificial skin products, allograft, and cultured epidermal autograft - Functioning within a multidisciplinary team environment for care of complex patients
* Managing social aspects and emotional needs of burn patients
* Tertiary burn reconstruction including burn scar management, releases, flap coverage, and laser treatment
This program is designed to provide a multidisciplinary exposure to the art and science of burn surgery. We are seeking ambitious surgeons with a minimum of two years of residency training and a commitment to training completion. The clinical portion of the fellowship involves all aspects of burn surgery including resuscitation, acute operative care, and reconstructive operations.
* Must have completed USMLE steps 1, 2 and 3 (or equivalent)
* Must be within 4 years of graduation from medical school or direct patient care activity
How To Apply
If you are interested in our Burn Fellowship please send the following to our coordinator at email@example.com
1. Current CV
2. Three letter of recommendations
3. Copy of all 3 USMLE scores (or equivalent)
Contact: Gayle Meadows, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-827-1241.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings