Chair – Chris de Virgilio, M.D.
Harbor – UCLA
- Ernie Dunn, M.D., Methodist – Dallas, TX
- Chris Baker, M.D.,–Boston MA
- John Mellinger, M.D., Southern Illinois Uiversity
- Daniel Vargo, M.D., University of Utah
- Tom Cogbill, M.D., Gunderson Lutheran, Lacrosse, Wisconsin
- Ben Jarman M.D., Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation
- Michael Kavic, M.D., St. Elizabeth Health Center, Ohio
- Alicia Mangram, M.D., Methodist Hospitals of Dallas-TX
- Joel Rosenfeld, M.D., St. Lukes Health Network, New Jersey
- Hilary Sanfey, M.D., Southern Illinois Uiversity
- William Tapscott, M.D., Baptist, Birmingham
Charge to the Education / Mentorship Committee
- Develop and hold courses to educate new program directors and the needs of their job.
- Develop and hold refresher courses to educate experienced PD’s in ways to improve their performance.
- Construct and design a mentoring program to be made available to members of the APDS who desire it.
- Develop resources – publications, performance criteria, job description, salary surveys, seminars, etc., that prepare program directors to advance in their career.
- Monitor program director turnover for aids in meeting attendance.
- Insure that a mixture of university, hybrid, and community programs are represented on the committee.